Re: [Question #184410]: Multi-Part Pattern: Sikuli + Regex = Sikex (searching simultanouesly for more than one image)

RaiMan posted a new comment:
Thanks for the information.

I had a deeper look at it and made some tests.

I am sure, it does for you what you think it should do.

But as a general solution I have some concerns:

--- performance
each image has to be read twice (once for the context information and then for Sikui's find operation).
I think the information you are storing in the tEXt chunk could be encoded in the image file name as well.

--- extra support needed
To encode the information into the png-file, you need an extra support tool (might be integrated into IDE's Preview). If the information was encoded in the filename, you could do the image management directly from outside in the file system. Some simple naming conventions would be sufficient.

--- some double work
The fact, that some images should be processed in a specific order in some common context is more a workflow aspect, than an image attribute. You encode it with the images, from where you have to translate it back to a (ok: standardized) workflow. So why not write down the workflow directly (ok: should be supported by some functions/classes)

--- not on the Java level
since the kernel API of Sikuli is based on Java, your solution is only (in the sense of easy to use) available in the Jython layer. But as a general Sikuli feature it should be implemented on the Java level.

--- my conclusion
I still think, that a multi-part-Pattern class supported by some image file name conventions, is the appropriate design pattern for this feature.