Re: [Question #184410]: Multi-Part Pattern: Sikuli + Regex = Sikex (searching simultanouesly for more than one image)

Josh posted a new comment:
>> -- challenge: how to restrict the search area
>> Or you have to add some extra margins to the search areas, to be "capture fault tolerant".

For sequenced images, in the context-previous, I was using a
region.nearby() and this seemed to be working pretty good.  (Can be seen
referenced in the png patcher script above)

--challenge: pre/post transforms stored in the image name
To use the image path searching functions already natively in sikuli require you request the image file name absolutely.  There is problems if the image resource name has non-predictable parts to it, eg. resourceName__01-01__"tm".png

In my implementation of searching for sequence/series it will assume
that a file exists, and if it gets a file not found error that is the
end of that sequence.

--challenge: chaining region transforms
To really be able to precisely indicate where the region where the next match will occur, it is useful to be able to chain region transforms together.  Additionally being able to specify a limit on how far the region extends to as an argument to the transform functions.

eg: region.Below(20).Right(30).Nearby(30)

A little bit off topic but I am finding it useful with multi-part
matching.  Normally in sikuli the arguments are (x, y, w, h), instead of
(x1,y1,x2,y2).  When doing transforms on regions it is helpful to
abstract regions transforms to the later so it is possible to do a delta
transform.  This transform takes arguments (dx1,dy1,dx2,dy2), so if you
want to shift the region to the right 10 spaces and reduce the width by
20.. that would look like region.delta(10, 0, 0, -20)