Re: [Question #184410]: Multi-Part Pattern: Sikuli + Regex = Sikex (searching simultanouesly for more than one image)

Josh posted a new comment:
>>--- challenge: pre/post transforms stored in the image name
Think you're on to something there, this could definitely work.  Still not convinced that this would be my preferred method though, I think it will yield some pretty crazy filenames.  I can see how putting hidden information in a PNG would not be the most user-friendly solution.

In terms of readability, maintenance I picked the pickle/png tEXt
storage route.  Additionally down the road maybe a GUI manager for
modifying images like this.

>> --- Additionally being able to specify a limit on how far the region extends
The main reason why I want to limiting size is not so much for speed but so that the region of the search is really specific to eliminate false positives.

One method I was using to locate a window I'll coin "anchoring".  The
problem: sometimes titlebars on a window is fairly generic and you can
have multiple dialogs with the same titlebar created by the same
program.  What I would do is match a fairly large region inside the
window, "the anchor".  Then from there I know that the titlebar is so
many pixels up, left so I limit the region to only allow for this size,
this will allow me to match top-left, then I can do a right() to find
top-right, etc.