[Question #185597]: download a kernel which does not boot

Hi,

Ubuntu 11.10 downloaded the linux kernel 3.0.0.15. After installed it, I reboot. I did not do anything else.
When I boot, I don't see the possibility to boot whith the new kernel. My computer still boot with the kernel 3.0.0.12 ?

Is it right ? Does Ubuntu 11.10 cannot see the new kernel ? The new kernel is not compatible with Ubuntu ?

Thanks for answers