Re: [Question #185791]: How to run "Sikuli On Virtual Machines"

RaiMan posted a new comment:
--- sending keystrokes is probably a better option
That is ok If you use a keystroke (combination), that does not do anything to the foreground application and does the keep-alaive job. I think, moving the mouse just one pixel usually does not harm much.

--- should check if system is idle
I do not think, that this is needed in this case of a keep-alive-task, since the resource usage is minimal.

Genrally, this approach can be optimized:
- self adjustment based on evaluation of the current timers for screensaver/sleep mode
- tracking mouse movement, to find out wether something needs to be done at all
- ...