Re: [Question #187432]: User Input Choices

RaiMan posted a new comment:
This would have to be implemented as a more powerful popup():

# the extended popup() for Sikuli IDE / Jython level
def popup(message = "", title = "Sikuli", buttons = ("OK",)):
    import javax.swing.JOptionPane as JOptionPane
    return JOptionPane.showOptionDialog(None,
        message,
        title,
        JOptionPane.DEFAULT_OPTION,
        JOptionPane.PLAIN_MESSAGE,
        None, buttons, buttons[0])

# how it works
options = ("CONTINUE ANYWAY", "STOP EXECUTION")

button = popup("problem") # same as now
if button < 0:
    print "User closed dialog"
else:
    print "User clicked button: %d"%button

button = popup("problem", "We are testing")  # same as now
if button < 0:
    print "User closed dialog"
else:
    print "User clicked button: %d"%button

button = popup("problem", "We are testing", options) # new: 2 buttons
if button < 0:
    print "User closed dialog"
else:
    print "User clicked button: %d"%button

button = popup("problem", buttons = options) # new: 2 buttons
if button < 0:
    print "User closed dialog"
else:
    print "User clicked button: %d"%button

So you might put the def popup() in your code (overwrites the existing one) until it is available in the official release.
Then you only have to delete the def(), since the signature will be the same.