Re: [Question #188042]: Using common functions across scripts

Description changed to:
I’ve been trying to get on top of this for the day, I’ve tried all
suggestions in previous posts, read the python docs and read the sikuli
docs but I’m not getting anywhere.  Newbie programmer so this probably
doesn’t help.

I want to be able to call common functions from script to script.  An
example of this would be to have a common setUp() and tearDown() along
with other functions which are re-used in all of my scripts.  In each
new script to reduce code length is it possible to just call another
function in a script or for the class to inherit methods from another
class?

I currently have something like this:  It runs but does nothing, no
errors so I’m not sure what to do.

Function.sikuli

from sikuli import*
import unittest

class super_awesome_parent_class(unittest.TestCase):
        def setUp(self):
                #do Lots of awesome stuff
                #that you always want done

        def tearDown(self):
                #tear stuff down

NewTestScript.sikuli

>From sikuli import*
>From function import*

class SomeTests (super_awesome_parent_class):

	def testOne(self):
		pass

	def testTwo(self):
		pass