[Question #188396]: Typing colons with windows

When I want to type text using type("text"), and the text contains "::", the script stops with an illegal key exception thrown from somewhere within the java robot.
This happens only with windows (windows7, 32bit, java 6), linux (ubuntu 11.10, 32bit, java6) works fine.
Could this be some kind of keyboard-layout issue? I don't know what else it could be or how to work around it.
I also don't know if this happens only with two colons or also with one, I always tried it with two.

How I can reproduce it:
1. Open any editor or GUI with a textfield.
2. Write type("test::test") into the Sikuli-IDE
3. Execute Script. The Script will type test and then stop with the exception.

I need a workaround for this, and if possible one without paste()