Re: [Question #188555]: OpenCV Error on starting event observer

Terence Cooper gave more information on the question:
I think I have partially verified my theory (last comment).  To recap...
I am monitoring a region in which menus appear when a menu item in the
menu bar is clicked.  I am stopping the observation in the change event
handler as soon as the menu appears, or at least that's what I'm trying
to do. Having got a match for the area where the menu appears, I then
search that region for the menu items on that menu (using text
recognition).  I then close the menu, start the observation again and
open the next menu from the menu bar.  At this point I am getting
spurious changed area matches in the area of the 1st menu which appear
to be the result of closing the 1st menu and these change matches are
for changes which have occurred *after* the observation should have
ended.

In order to verify my suspicions (previous comment) I now determine
which thread the observer is running in, and stop that thread in the
change event handler.  This reduces the the number of matches to 1 -
presumably the change is the appearance of the 2nd menu, however the
changed match area corresponds with the area of the 1st menu, not the
2nd...