Re: [Question #189936]: In Sikuli r930, how to trigger a commad, such as "Ping" ?

--- if we want to use portable version of Sikuli
Sikuli still needs the "path-to-Sikuli-directory\libs" and "path-to-Java\jre6\bin" in the system path when running.
With the portable version, the easiest way is, to adapt the Sikuli-IDE.bat or Sikuli-IDE-w.bat to your situation

--- Windows 8
Since I am on Mac, I took the chance yesterday to use the newest Parallels 7 option: auto install of Win 8 consumer Preview. It works perfectly. I managed to install Java 6 with no problem and Sikuli works too on Win 8 (32-Bit version) as expected.

--- Windows 8, especially for those run ARM CPU
This is not really a question for Sikuli as such, it is more the question, wether it is possible to build the native prereqs (OpenCV, Tesseract, ...) in this environment. As long as Java 6 is available (including the AWT transparent window support), Sikuli should work, if the native modules are available.