[Question #191426]: Assert exists on focused window

After switching from Sikuli method for Unit Testing to python's unittest, I am beginning to receive this error when asserting that an image exists within a focusedWindow.

Example Code:
window = App.focusedWindow()
assert window.exists("image.png", 30)

Error Message:
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'exists'

Any ideas why I am now getting this error but not previously?
What would be the best method for checking if an image exists within a focusedWindow?

Note: I am looking on the focusedWindow because that window could load at any location of screen so defining a set region x, y, etc would not always be accurate.