[Question #192054]: can sikuli use python 2.7.2?

I know sikuli is based on Jython, so please if the answer is obvious I'm sorry but i'm not too familiar with Jython.
Recently i notice in a sikuli script that i could not use the function total_seconds from a timedelta object. So i digged a little bit and i noticed that sikuli was running 2.52, of course this function is available on 2.7. Is there any way to tell sikuli to use the system installed python ( in this case Python 2.7.2 on Lion ).

Thanks in advance

Luis R. Rojas