[Question #192860]: Copy empty field, Env.getClipboard() not returning correctly

Hi guys,

I have a question regarding clipboard. I have been trying to avoid using paste() with Env.getClipboard(), still it doesn't work as i expected.

I have 3 textboxes. I need to start from top (textbox 1, read and replace the value, then move to textbox2 and so forth). It works fine in most conditions except when i hit textbox is empty.

Code :
type("a",KeyModifier.CTRL)
type("c",KeyModifier.CTRL)
print len(Env.getClipboard())
type(Key.DOWN)
type("a",KeyModifier.CTRL)
type("c",KeyModifier.CTRL)
print len(Env.getClipboard())

Example 1:

Textbox1: Test
Textbox2: <blank>

Both returning me 5 and 5. I expect the result be 5 and 0.

Example 2:

Textbox1: Test
Textbox2: Hello

The results here return as expected, 4 and 5.

Any advise ?

Thanks.