[Question #194095]: Sikuli doesn't find images that definitely exist on screen

Here's the problem I have been trying to figure out for a while now.  I wrote quite a few tests in Sikuli and plugged them into our continuous integration system.  Every 30 minutes the battery of Sikuli scripts is executed.

Unfortunately, 1 out of 3 times I get a FindFailed error on an image that clearly exists on the screen.  To clarify, the same exact script sometimes fails and most of the time doesn't.  When it failed, I launched the Sikuli IDE, opened the script, found the offending image and then confirmed that there was indeed a match (in Pattern Settings->Matching Preview) on the screen at that time.  The IDE finds it, but the script doesn't.  There are no subtle changes in the displayed image on screen between tests, including the background.

I am using the wait() function with a relatively large timeout (30-45 seconds).  When I was able to catch the failure, I noticed that the Sikuli just sat there for that length of time and then threw the FindFailed exception.

A few more things that might or might not be important.  I am testing a Flash/Flex application in the full screen mode.  There might be a few elements on the screen that nave an animated pulsating glow around them (although the image to be matched is always static.)

Any ideas?