Re: [Question #194144]: How to make exists(img, 0.01) return immediately even if it fails --- solution: Settings.WaitScanRate

Description changed to:
***** solution

Set Settings.WaitScanRate temporarily to a high value (e.g. 100)

Take Care: Using this as a standard might overload your system.

For details look comments #8 and #9

Starting with rc3 of SikuliX,

when I do a time-sensitive search on a small region,

* If the finder succeeds, exists() returns within the 0.01 duration specified
* If the finder fails, the duration is ignored, instead going into crazy resource-hog mode, activating the text recognition module for a minimum of 200 times longer.

1) Is there YET an easy way to completely turn off the experimental text recognition stuff?
2) Is there a fix coming soon, to not hit that code in Vision.cpp when I'm searching for a .PNG and the find fails?

Thanks in advance