[Question #196658]: IDE GUI only shows when root in Linux

I have sikuli on a Linux machine with RedHat 6 64-bit.  Java 6, wmctrl, and OpenCV 2.1.  When I start sikuli-ide.sh as 'root', it loads up fine, and IDE display appears.  Everything seems to operate as it should.

When I start sikuli-ide.sh as a user, I get the process ID, followed by "[info] locale: en_US", but the IDE display never appears. A 'ps -ef | grep sikuli' command shows that the sikuli process IS running, but still, no display.

I've checked permissions on all the sikuli files, opencv files, java files, wmctrl files. they all either have 'rwxrwxrwx', or 'rwxr-xr-x' or 'rw-r--r--'.  I can find a permission problem. I checked enviroment variables, and besides the user specific differences, such as home directory, mail, etc..., the user env variables match root.

I've started sikuli with "java -jar sikuli-ide.jar", with the same results. I've also ran "java -verbose -jar sikuli-ide.jar" on both user and root, and no errors are listed.

I don't know what else to do to get sikuli to show IDE Display from a user account.  Has this issue been seen before? I realize this may not be a sikuli specific issue, but running into deadends on my Linux knowledge.  Any other ideas?