[Question #198111]: Is it possible to call a Windows DLL from an extension?

I am wanting to create a wrapper around some methods in a Windows DLL, from what I can tell this would require writing an extension to Sikuli. But I have not been able to determine if this is possible or not. I found comments that implied you could not (something about c types or something), and have not found anything that seemed to imply that it could be done.
Is it possible?
And even if not possible, is there any additional information on creating extensions for Sikuli beyond what is in the web sites information about the source code layout?