[Question #199141]: Can't find string after region changes

I am writing scenario tests of a product.

In test 1, I use a a dialog displaying tab1.  In test 2, I select tab3 in the dialog.  For test 3, I need to go back to tab1 again.

In test 1:
type("d", KEY_ALT)
type("b") #dialog opens
dialog = App.focusedWindow()
type("ndra") # filters the list displayed
dialog.click("clEnqueueNDRangeKernel")

This works fine.
Test 2 does:
# opens dialog, just like in test 1
dialog = App.focusedWindow()
dialog.click("Tab3.png")
dialog.click("Deprecated")

Again, works fine.
Test 3 does:
# opens dialog, just like in test 1 and 2
dialog = App.focusedWindow()
dialog.click("Tab1.png")
type("ndra") # filters the list displayed
dialog.click("clEnqueueNDRangeKernel")

Everything works just fine, until the dialog.click(); the find always fails.  I watch the script run, the string in there.  I modified Test 3 to do:

if dialog.exists("clEnqueueNDRangeKernel", 5):
    click(dialog.getLastMatch())

And that fails to find the string, too.

What am I doing wrong?