Re: [Question #201012]: Simply Unit Testing not working - or is it me?

--- I am still curious about the parts after the '-----' in the above question.
How you should organize a more complex script/module structure depends on what you want to achieve.
Since you came here using IDE's unittest feature, I suppose you are interested in this concept.
Faq 1804 talks about one possible approach for unittesting that uses Sikuli features.
It solves the problem "where are my images" using import for the modules containing test cases.

To make it clear from the view of unittesting:
1. a testcase ( class abc(unittest.TestCase) ) is a container for tests ( def testxyz(self) ) that share the same setup()/teardown() functions
2. a TestSuite is composed of TestCases and or TestSuites as a preparation for a test run
3. finally a TestRunner is used to run a TestSuite and produce the TestResults

The step 1. (and even step 2.) can be put into modules, that are
imported into a main script, that runs the test suites using a test
runner. More information on Python's unit testing is available in the
net (see faq).