Re: [Question #202951]: Locating a text in window

Damon posted a new comment:
RaiMan.
Well I have had "some" success, but not exactly what I am after.  What I have done to solve some of the problem is to take screenshots of all the controls on a form and then use the right, left  methods to get to some controls I need.
Next on the stupid grids with static content I took specific screen shots of all values. I did try the list method, but that still doesn't work too well.  The OCR is really bad.

To get to the dynamic data I am working on a method to access grid cells
via a coordinate method based off of the first cell.  I am looking at
every grid layout we have and painstakingly looking at the size of each
cell.  Then I can use a formula for each grid to create a region on the
fly for the specific cell.

If you have another suggestion I am all ears.

In the meantime I am going to look into a better OCR resolution for
Sikuli and see if I can implement something.  Maybe using Abby Fine
Reader api?  Anyway thanks for your input.

Cheers!