[Question #204038]: need simple lock code to keep event handler in line

Hi guys,

This relates to a previous question raised by Josh 183655.

I have an event handler to click an OK button on an error messagebox that pops up.
It seems to always happen in the middle of an activity where I swipe a field and read its contents into the clipboard.
The result is that I end up with the error pop up message on the clipboard rather than the value I want to be captured by my Cntl C action.

Do you have any simple lock code that I could put around my swipe function to make it atomic or my event handler?
I have tried using import threading and using the  threadlock.acquire() and threadlock.release() functions. Am I on the right track??

My rogue functions are.....

def swipe(begin,end):
    # acquire lock needed here?
    print "in swipe"
    dragDrop(begin,end)
    type("c",KEY_CTRL)
   #release lock here?

def ClickOK(event):
   # get lock here?
    print "In handler"
    event.region.click("Error.png") # clicks the ok button on the pop up
    # release lock here?

Many thanks for any help,
Rosie