[Question #207285]: image comparison fails

Hi,

I'm struggling with sikulis image matching possibilities. I'm testing if a website loaded correctly. The test fails if a blank page shows up.

1) First approach:
Look into screen region and test if blank_page.png (1021x672 pixel) exists.

    #screen region // screen size ipad
    screenRegion = Region(1,43,1020,804)

    #create match object
    imageBlank = Pattern("blank_page.png")

    if screenRegion.exists(imageBlank):
        print "debug: blank screen, website failed to load correctly"
    else:
        print "ok"

2) Second approach:
Make a screenshot of the website and test if it's blank.

    screenRegion = Region(1,43,1020,804)

    imageScreenRaw = capture(screenRegion)

    #match object
    imageScreen = exists(imageScreenRaw)

    #region from screenshot
    imageScreenRegion = Region(imageScreen)

    imageBlank = Pattern("blank_page.png")

    if imageScreenRegion.exists(imageBlank):
        print "debug: blank screen, website failed to load correctly"
    else:
        print "ok"

The blank screen differs a 100% from the region or captured sreenshot, but both test approaches fail unfortunately. What's wrong? Does it matter if I test against a 10x10 blank png or a 1021x672 pixel?

Any help on this issue is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance for sharing your experience.

regards