Re: [Question #208456]: Problem with InternetExplorer 9 app.focus

Description changed to:
I'm trying to keep one instance of the browser open. With firefox, this
works perfectly,  but Internet Explorer 9 just opens new windows, and I
can't check how many windows are open.

[log] App.focus InternetExplorer(0) #0
[error] App.focus failed: InternetExplorer not found

       app = App(name)
        if not app.window(): # no window found - browser is not open / Does not work with IE
            print "## Opening new browser window ##"
            self.app.open(self.browserExecutable)
            wait(3)

            # maximize the screen
            type(Key.UP, KEY_WIN)
        app.focus() # this does not work with IE

So app.focus() throws errors, and app.window() returns nothing, even
when there is a window open. Is this a known issue?

I'm using windows 7, 64 bit professional.