Re: [Question #209996]: Click and type functions stopped working on 1 PC

Heath Fournier confirmed that the question is solved:
Hi RaiMan.  Thank you for the response.  I definitely agree that the
logical approach would be to question what had changed on the machine to
alter the behavior, but the problem seemingly appeared out of nowhere.
The chain of events was this:

- I was working on a module, that gets imported into a test case.
- I ran the test case, and everything was working well.
- I edited the module that gets imported into the test case again
- I re-ran the test case, and the mouse/keyboard functions wouldn't work
- To test if the problem had something to do with the edit I made to the module, I wrote the little script that is in my initial post, and the mouse/keyboard functions wouldn't work in it either.

I should also mention that the images we run tests on are all setup the
same.  So I'm running each test under the same domain account, and that
user is in the local admin group on each image. UAC is disabled on all
of the images, including the one that had the problem.  I had actually
seen a similar post, where admin rights were mentioned as a potential
cause, so I tried launching the IDE as admin (by right-clicking and
choosing 'Run As Admin'), and had also tried running the tests from an
elevated cmd prompt.

After posting the question yesterday, I had tried to run the script I
had pasted in the initial post and it still didn't work.  I left the PC
on overnight, and when I came in this morning, the script is now working
all of a sudden, and all of the mouse/keyboard functionality is behaving
as expected.  The only thing that happened in between it not working,
and it working, was that the computer put the displays to sleep.

So the problem appears to have left as mysteriously as it came.  I just
mention all of this in case anyone else is experiencing something
similar in the future.  I'm definitely aware of how odd the problem
sounds and wish I could provide more insight on the cause and fix, but I
can't find anything in the event logs on the machine that is related, or
any helpful information at all really.  It just seemed to come and go on
its own.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond to me Raiman.  Thankfully,
the issue seems to have resolved itself, and I'm enjoying working with
Sikuli.