Re: [Question #210841]: Not able to read from text file when timestamp is used

j posted a new comment:
Okay your solution is easier but I don't think it is cleaner :-P
I personally don't like the eval and exec command, to me it always feels like cheating.
Silly, I know, I guess having learnt programmeing in Java, I'm just not used to this "easy way out" solutions.
Maybe it is because my IDE is complete lost when I start things like eval/exec that and I like the security of my syntax and semantic checking friend, even though it's hard for an IDE to do that in languages like Python anyway.
Getting a little philosophical here, I should go to sleep :D

You're right of course, yours is smarter.