[Question #213556]: Similarity / Score

What is the similarity or the getScore() computation based on? Is it a pixel by pixel comparison?
I tried comparing two very similar images (basically the same screen but one of them has additional text in a textfield while the other has the textfield empty, and i got a score of ~0.48.
Comparing 2 completely different screens is returning a score of ~0.53.
I am trying to understand why these 2 scores are close while i would have expected a score close to 1 in the first case, and close to 0 in the second case.