Re: [Question #214067]: Sikuli Script (Sikuli X-1.0) vs. Sikuli API (Java-only new version)

Might be you missed some information:

-- you are right about Sikuli API

-- I am in tight contact with Tom and we agreed, that I will stabilize Sikuli X on the current level to make it
Sikuli X 1.0 (see  https://github.com/RaiMan/Sikuli12.11, which is referenced in faq 2106 ;-)
... but I will add the github link to overview page in Launchpad too.
Pre versions will be available beginning next week (tested on Mac and Windows 32/64 Bit, Java 6 and Java 7)

How I see the current situation for the current Sikuli users and new
users in the next month, I have clearly stated in faq 2106.

When I am through with X 1.0, I will start to try to implement Sikuli API in Sikuli X, which will be the bridge from current to new Java only Sikuli (at least according image search (OpenCV) and the new text search approach (build images based on text with a given font or example)).
This will be the start for a new IDE that supports more scripting languages than Python only.

So if you want to USE Sikuli, just stick with Sikuli X (which I will go
on to support heavily, as agreed with Tom).

if you want to evaluate and compare the new API, just do it.
But: People who have already invested lines of code (Jython or Java) might miss many things with the current first version of Sikuli API.