[Question #214750]: assert not exists keeps failing even though really doesn't exist

my IDE keeps failing on this line

assert not exists(Pattern("IDNew-2.png").similar(0.81))

even though the image really doesn't exist.

Basically that image does exist and then i perform a save and the image no longer exists because it changes from ID = NEW to ID = 1.

even if click on the image and try all ranges of similarity it still fails.

makes no sense why if the image doesn't exist it still fails.

I do use assert not exists in other scripts and it seems to work fine so I am not sure why i'm having so much trouble with this particular one.