[Question #216257]: Testing Editor Scalability testing with SIKULI - typing naturally

I'm trying to speed up an editor for large fortran files, and trying to test my tweaks using Sikuli. The problem is that if I was to type in a file with 20,000 lines, the editor becomes unresponsive. But when I ask Sikuli to type into a 20,000 line file, the editor manages to typet out whatever I ask it too (It seems like its hanging but typing invisibly until all the text is pasted). I have tried putting in wait statements in between words to allow reconciling to take place, but nothing seems to be able to slow down the sikuli script. Because of this both tests(One with scalability options turned on, one without) show the same results, but I know this isn't true through manual testing. Any idea as to how I can replicate human typing but through automation, or make Sikuli wait for the text to show up before it continues typing?