Re: [Question #218078]: type() foreign symbol example

j proposed the following answer:
This is a major problem in Sikuli.
The only way I found working is using the OS-support for special chars, like holding the ALT-key and typing on numblock on windows (see http://symbolcodes.tlt.psu.edu/accents/codealt.html for more details).
As far as I experienced Sikuli, the typing works only right on a default English keyboard layout.
The problem is that Sikuli uses the Java AWT Robot which I found not really compatible with other keyboard layouts than English.