Re: [Question #218078]: type() foreign symbol example

Muro is still having a problem:
Yes i`m running with US\EN layout.I`m working with element that need type() method...
Are there any other solution? What about your solution?

--- This is read into a key-value storage using clipboard (by eval()) and analyzed.
--- " \ and the diacritic characters (´`^~¨) need special handling
--- The result is a key-value storage, containing for all 256 extended ASCII characters the equivalents that have to be used with type(), to get the character you want.
--- So I am able to fully utilize my german keyboard and type() every text, that can be produced with this keyboard (since I use JRuby, it is easy to redefine the Region.type() method (actually it is the type_ch() method, that contains the translation), to use this "german" translation table)
--- I am using YAML to store and reload the tables

Can you short example ?