Re: [Question #219849]: Sikuli for iOS

HAL-9000 posted a new comment:
Just to ad something about iOS Sims here, the Selenium driver is for
webkit frames hosted in the Simulator. Anything using Apple iOS API's
(like Cocoa interface objects) will not be 'visible' to the Selenium
driver.

Only way I am aware to run Java auto-scripts running actual iOS apps is
to use Xcode Instrument's UIAutomation tool. Just open up Instruments,
select iOS, then the Automation template - you just start building a
script from there (I believe there is also a UI interaction recorder).
It runs straight Java and is probably the most conducive environment for
iOS automation with that language. As a bonus, you can run those tests
at an actual device.

On the downside, in my experience, it generally produces tests that are
much more "brittle" than Sikuli Jython tests via the Sim, and you miss
actual UI acceptance (nothing is 'seen' by Instruments beyond objects in
code). This is why I stick with Sikuli :).

There is a pure API Sikuli package for Java now though
(http://code.google.com/p/sikuli-api/) that maybe-might integrate with
the Instruments tool, though I'm not sure if it does (interesting
experiment to try).