Re: [Question #221083]: [HowTo] use Sikuli from Ruby - JRuby needed

For Python language Sikuli has a built-in scripting support (supported
by the Sikuli IDE and running scripts from command line) for Python
language level 2.5, which internally is handled by the bundled Jython
interpreter (Java based).

Besides that, you can use the features based on sikuli-script.jar with every Java based scripting/programming:
native Java, Scala, Clojure, Groovy, JRuby, ...

by simply having a standard Sikuli installation and importing the Sikuli
stuff having sikuli-script.jar in the Java class path.

So if we are talking about Ruby language, you have to run your scripts
using the JRuby interpreter and observe some specifics based on the
fact, that we are running in a Java environment.

The big advantage of JRuby over Jython is the possibility, to add/change features to/of the Sikuli base.
But you have to step down to the Java level of the Sikuli API and you need some basic Java knowledge.
(http://doc.sikuli.org/faq/030-java-dev.html)