From: bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of RaiMan
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2013 9:56 AM
To: Harlan Mosley
Subject: Re: [Question #223366]: How to handle Application Dropdown menuselection

Your question #223366 on Sikuli changed:

RaiMan requested more information:
can you somehow produce a series of screenshots and comment what you do manually to achieve what you want.
or make a short screen video.
Post it somewhere in the net or send it silently to my mail at https://launchpad.net/~raimund-hocke

this would help to understand.

To make a Sikuli script, it is only relevant, what the respective
application displays on the screen if you do some some mouse and/or
keyboard actions. It does not matter, how and with what the app was
built.

as a preparation for designing a script it would already help, to read some story like this:
when I have opened the app, a menu bar is displayed at the top of the app window. When I click on the button x, a dropdown menu containing 20 entries opens. these entries can be selected by typing a sufficient part of the entry text and then enter or by using key-down until positioned on the entry and press enter or by clicking an entry. The entries are fixed (always the same sequence and number) and I know the position of each entry. .....

something like that ;-)

--
To answer this request for more information, you can either reply to this email or enter your reply at the following page:

You received this question notification because you asked the question.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This footnote also confirms that this email message has been checked for viruses with Microsoft Forefront anti-virus software. In addition, e-MDs, Inc. strongly discourages sending any form of confidential patient information as defined by HIPAA in the form of text, screen shots, or other formats via email messages.