[Question #225333]: Sikuli project import from Windows to Linux fails

I am working on windows with sikuli and java. The same script is not working on Linux.I am automating a desktop app.
I have written small test code on windows using java to automate skype app.Its works fine on the windows machine.
I am using Eclipse.
Now i want to check the compatablity of Sikilu on a linux machine as my deployment server will be on the linux machine and so the tests do need to pass on there also.
I have installed Sikuli on Ubuntu and i am able to open the IDE and take screen shots there.
I am aimporting the project as a executable file with the necessary code changes for ubuntu(i.e the location where skype is present on ubuntu)...but when i try to run the jar file file from ubuntu, i get the following error..
[error] Can't create OS Util: org.sikuli.script.LinuxUtil
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
 at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.jarinjarloader.JarRsrcLoader.main(JarRsrcLoader.java:58)
 at org.sikuli.script.App.open(App.java:73)
 at org.sikuli.script.App.open(App.java:24)
 at org.sikuli.script.SikuliScript.openApp(SikuliScript.java:50)
 at com.sikuli.SikuliDemo.main(SikuliDemo.java:35)
 ... 5 more
Small piece of code is as below:
  Screen mScreen = new Screen();
  SikuliScript browser = null;
  try {
   browser = new SikuliScript();
  } catch (AWTException e1) {
   // TODO Auto-generated catch block
   e1.printStackTrace();
  }
  // Opening the .exe file for the specified desktop application
  browser.openApp("/home/sikulliTestImages/skype");
I suspect the way i am trying to open the skype app(The last line of code) on the Ubuntu server is not proper and thats y i get the Null Pointer Exception.(Sry but i am a bit new to it..)
Is that the reason or something else..Please Suggest.

Also pls suggest whether the Sikuli Tool should be chosed for my automation purpoes or not as my requirement is to test a desktop application useed mostley on windows but the tests need to run on  linux server.I will write the tests on a windows machine using java+eclipse+maven and deploy it on linux..??
Thanks in Advance