[Question #225919]: multi-thread performance hit

I've written a sikuli script to bot a game on bluestacks.
Its complete and it works great. Speed wise I optimize by using regions and I use timers to process the most common stuff and only process the less common stuff after x time has elapse.
I want to optimize it further and I was thinking of moving some of the non game related stuff like closing advertisements or an info popup etc which could happen at any point in the game onto a separate thread.
Question is will it affect the current performance of my script ? like image matching ?
basically I want to make my bot a little bit more faster by multi-threading.