Re: [Question #229541]: [1.0] Observe: ClassCastException: org.python.core.PyMethod cannot be cast to org.sikuli.script.SikuliEventObserver

Thanks, but no need to apologize ;-)

Triggered by your report, I tested in the IDE and did not get a problem with the above basic usage of observe().
So it might have to do something with the special use of Sikuli in this Eclipse/Jython environment.
Something with the sequence of entries in java class path and or python path.
I will try to check this today.

But I found another ugly problem with observe(), that might have the effect, that observe() would not work as expected for you anyway: bug 1183671
I will first try to fix this problem.