[Question #230694]: getting [error] Region.text: text recognition is currently switched off

Hi,

I have started using Sikuli recently & found the text recognition feature very exciting.

I am facing a problem in reading text using Region.text().

Here is my program

r = [defined a region using "Create Region" button]
text = r.text()
openApp("C:\\Windows\\system32\\notepad.exe")
wait(2)
type(text)

On running this I get, ----- no text --- in the notepad and the following message

[error] Region.text: text recognition is currently switched off
[log] App.open C:\Windows\system32\notepad.exe(5480)

[log] TYPE "--- no text ---"

[info] Exit code: 0

Do I have to enable to enable text recognition somewhere? I am using SikuliX-IDE-Beta999 and running it using the sikuli-ide.cmd provided for windows.