Re: [Question #205371]: [research] One image, multiple sizes? Automatic detection based on one image in different rendering scenarios

RaiMan posted a new comment:
@Perkins

If you want to contribute anything to this area, it is totally enough,
to make some Python scripts, that use OpenCV 2.4 features using the
available Python interface.

The effort is mainly the research, what features of OpenCV to use, to
accomplish anything in this area.

One big step would be, to have an approach for this:
- e.g. you have an image of an "OK" button
- you approximately know where in the app window this button should be
- the user has changed the GUI setup, so the button looks different or is larger with a different rendering on the pixel level (e.g. interpolated or deleted)

So the standard find() op definitely fails.

Any chance to use one of the other OpenCV features, to say: yes, I
think, the button is there, but it looks different.

Another often asked feature is, to have some image (e.g. again a button) and to identify all buttons currently visible, that have the general outline of this button, but may have a different width because of a different title text.
How do I prepare such a search image (e.g. some Pattern class feature) to tell Sikuli, that during find, the inner parts should be ignored, only the left and right ending and top/bottom edge are relevant. What approach is used in terms of OpenCV.

I think all this could be done in the same way, as the OpenCV samples are setup: some probe images and a target image, to act on.
No need to use anything with Sikuli or even Java (but one might of course use Sikuli IDE, to capture the relevant images ;-)

The usage workflow of OpenCV functions would then to be transformed to
Java + C++, which might do someone else.

But no need to hurry, that is not my current priority. If any positive
findings get available later this year: the Sikuli world would be happy.

Anyway, all the best for your upcoming event ;-)