Re: [Question #232940]: [1.0] App.open() opens an app and close immediatly.

internally, this is used to open an app on Linux:

String cmd[] = {"sh", "-c", "("+ appName + ") &\necho -n $!"};
Process p = Runtime.getRuntime().exec(cmd);

I know, that the "echo ..." is to get back the process id (which seems
to work in your case).

But I cannot tell you, why this does not work in your case as you expect
it to do.

Since you are on the Java level anyway, you might decide to use the
basic Java features to start your app.