Re: [Question #121539]: Windows: openApp parameter support --- use start menu instead or WIN-R

    Assignee: None => RaiMan

Description changed to:
--- solution

- to be fixed in version 1.1
use shellexecute in WinUtil (see comment #12)

I was hoping to open a URL directly in the openApp statement by passing
the URL as a parameter to the iexplore.exe command, such as:

 openApp('C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
"http://www.google.com";')

This almost works, but the URL appears in Explorer as:

http://www.google.com%22%22/

The presence of the two escaped double quotes mean that the URL doesn't
resolve. I've tried various combinations of escaping the double quotes,
and also trying to strip them from a variable, but without success. Am I
doing sometthing wrong, or is openApp not designed to pass parameters?
Or is this just a simple bug?

Thanks and keep up the good work - Sikuli is a really interesting
application.

(Problem occurs on Windows XP SP3 in Sikuli 0.10.2)