Re: [Question #234686]: Sukuli easy interaction with any software/OS

Fidel posted a new comment:
First of all, RaiMan, I really appreciate the time you are taking to
answer me. Its being very valuable to me, and I think im learning a lot
through studying your comments.

Second, here is a bit of explanation on why I don't completely agree (yet) with your conclusion.
The fact is that Leo can be used as a very powerful personal information manager, and data manager, because the nodes can also be links to websites, files, etc.
It can also move the information for you (so if you move one branch of the outline to another place, the files will also move if you want to) etc.

Given that background, one of my plans is to help that PIM function with
visual functions.

A small example of what I want to do:

Say I want to keep track of how much time I spend playing, and how much
working, and I want this to be done automatically. So:

- Whenever Sikuli detects a web browser is open, it will copy the website link and communicate it to LeoEditor.
- Whenever Sikuli detects the Starcraft II Icon (Image) it will activate play mode.
- Whenever Sikuli detects LeoEditor (Image) it will activate work mode.

One of the branches of my outline in Leo editor has the websites links, and some of them have tags of "Work mode" and others have "Play mode" tags.
So when it receives the information from Sikuli that XXX website was open, it searches for the link within my stored ones, and activates the according mode.

In another branch, I keep the icons of the games I play, so when Sikuli
is searching for game icons, it knows those are the images it has to
search for.

This way, If I share this program, (and considering the new user also has tags for "work mode" and "Play mode" on his Leo weblinks), he will only have to go to the "Game icons" branch and replace the images for the games he plays.
He wont have to edit the Sikuli script, and manually add/delete part of the script, increasing or decreasing the number of icons, etc, he just has to change the nodes under the "Game icons" node.
So, Ideally, someone who doesnt know programming would be able to change it, without messing with the script.

This is the first thing I can come up with, but I think with similar
pattern there are many applications in which this would be similar.
Basically, we have the possibility to categorize the script in a way
that, by the user just replacing the images under a node, he has
personalized a (potentially) really complex script.

Therefore, I still think the mix of Sikuli and Leo is an interesting one, Sikuli powerful image tracking, plus LeoEditor data managing, since I dont need to have a specific file with the "work mode" and "play mode" links just for this script, but it gathers the data from my personal information which is usually changing, and with those changes the script is automatically updated through this approach, no need to edit the script again whenver I add a new link.
This is just an example, but it would work with all kind of data, so in the end the quickest way is for Sikuli to interact directly with it instead of making a script out of every interaction I come up with, storing the specific data for that interaction, and having to constantly update it.

When I started, I was planning on doing this with AHK, since I only use windows, its a bit more mature than Sikuli, but Sikuli's far better image recognition capabilities plus its multy-platform property made me focus towards it even though it looks a bit more complex to do.
For instance, with AHK I can just tell the script to send text directly to LeoEditor, even keeping it as an inactive window, and thats it, I got the info in LeoEditor as soon as AHK percieves it. So the quick easy way would be that one.
But then again, Sikuli looks so much more powerful and stronger bet in the long term to me.

Thanks again RaiMan for your comments, I hope that this makes a bit more
of sense than my previous posts.