[Question #235146]: how to use varibale on one script in another

I have script1
some variable taken as input form user (say ID)
script 1 starts with from sikuli import *

in main
import script1

I want to use the varibale ID from script1 in main .If i directly use that varibale in main.I get ID not defined

How do i ?

PS: both script1 and main are in one folder.using 1.0rcs IDE

And main can be run only once.I have to reopen IDE to run it again ..y is it so?
Is this solved any updated  new version?

Thanks!