[Question #235672]: Validating a dropdown list

Hi everyone, i'm new to sikuli here. However I'm used to python and java programming so i could get a hold of it pretty easily. My concern is that i need to validate my data fields entered on a desktop app, and i'm struggling with drop down lists. I understand the trick to validate normal textfield by using tabs and copying the data to the clipboard, however for drop down lists i don't see how i can find a reliable way to validate the data.

What i tried so far :
-select my drop down list with sikuli and perform Key.DOWN until i'm at the bottom of the list (the idea is if i know how many keystrokes i've made to get to the end of the list i could tell what was the item selected in the first place). I couldn't make it work because i couldn't make a condition that would check for end of scroll within the list.

Any ideas ?