[Question #235751]: access serial port from sikuli

Hello,
I am trying to use pymcu which is a microcontroller board that can be programmed via python scripting. Here is a link to an overview of the board:
http://www.pymcu.com/overview.html
The board comes with a module titled pymcu and when I attempt to import this module I get the following error message:
ImportError: No java communications api implementation found.
I realize this is not a sikuli issue but more likely an issue with the java communications API installation. I have installed the java communications api in accordance with the instructions I found here:
http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/31915
but I still get the ImportError.
Has anyone successfully accessed the serial ports from sikuli. If so, how is this done? Please help if you can, I think it would be a great asset to sikuli if it could be used to read/write the serial port and thus talk to the pymcu board which would allow automation of digital I/O testing.

Thank you.