Re: [Question #236513]: Display variable value (loop counter) on-screen during loop?

tjonnyc is still having a problem:
There is plenty of screen space to hold a display/popup/overlay, without
interfering with the web app. The app is 1000x700, and my monitor is
1920x1080 - there's a 460-pixel side margin, and about 200 pixels on the
bottom.

I don't need it to be flexible or nice-looking - even a basic pop-up
with plain text that says "Run # NN of 100" would be enough.

I just realized another possible approach that might be simpler:

1.) Open Google Documents in one of the tabs.
2.) After executing the 1st part of the code, while waiting for the "OK" message, switch to the Google Docs tab & paste the loop-counter value.
3.) Use another computer to look at the Google Document.

Would it be easier to paste the value of "a" in "for a in range(100)" instead of trying to display it on-screen?
If so, how would you do it?

My experience with programming is limited to understanding basic
concepts, and enough logic to figure out / extrapolate things from
examples. I have written about 50 functional scripts that manage
passwords, play online games, and sort out files... but I'm not a
"programmer" in the full sense of the word. Give me an example, and I
can clone it ;)