Re: [Question #237083]: Is the integration of Sikuli with openCV/Tesseract totally removed in the newer version ?

Ok, getting the VisionProxy.dll built on Windows is a stony way.

Since I do not have any experience with the DevChain on Windows, I
decided to use minGW.

To produce the currently published VisionProxy.dll, I use a Netbeans C++
project, where I have built OpenCV and Tesseract from the sources using
the minGW environment and the make procedures of the mentioned packages.

This now works for me, to get distributable VisionProxy.dll for 32-Bit and 64-Bit.
I plan to visit the native stuff again in preparation for version 1.1 later in November.

If you are a somewhat professional C++ programmer, in the moment it
would help a lot to have a robust build approach based on the latest
versions of OpenCV and Tesseract using the freely available tools of the
Windows DevChain with a step-by-step how to.

My plan is to later divide the native stuff into the 2 major parts:
VisionProxy.dll - everything related to OpenCV (currently in fact it is "only" matchTemplate() )
TextProxy.dll - for all the features related to textSearch and OCR (I have already added findText() methods internally)

So if you start bottom-up, you might do what you want, as long as the
interface up to the Java level stays stable.

You even might restrict your work to the C++ level and make a small wrapper in C++, that simulates the Java stuff around in the sense, that you fill the findInput structure accordingly and call find -- should be rather simple.
... and should be far better debuggable, since you stay in the C++ environment.

But first of all you have to setup your DevChain together with suitable packages of OpenCV and Tesseract.
If you are then able, to make you own VisionProxy.dll, this will work with the currently available packages (no need to step up to the java level or use SWIG, as long as the interface to the Java level stays stable).

Come back whenever you want.