Re: [Question #239439]: Sikuli - Java Api - find not working using Java BufferedImages --- fixed in version 1.1.0

LOL: May be I am missing the documentation url?

You cannot miss something that does not exist, sorry.

Since the API on the image level has dramatically changed with version
1.1, I will not invest in documenting 1.0.1 Java API.

So you might try the above solution or just use
s.find(someAbsoluteImagePath)
or
s.find(newPattern(someAbsoluteImagePath))

having something like that:
String someAbsoluteImagePath = new File(System.getProperty("user.dir"), "images/someImage.png").getAbsolutePath();

This creation of absolute image paths could be delegated to a private
function, but that would double the Sikuli feature
ImageLocator.addImagePath() (1.1: ImagePath.add() ).