Re: [Question #240935]: Large Test Batch (3000 test cases) gradually slows down in execution

Description changed to:
Hello all,

Hoping someone might be able to offer some advice.

First a little background... I have written a script that automatically
enters test cases into a UI I am testing. The UI contains around 90
fields each of which is populated from a CSV file (which is read by the
Sikuli script). The script is perfectly functional and enters the test
cases without issue if left for several days.

The problem I have is the speed at which keys are typed gradually slows
down the longer Sikuli runs. To start with a test case takes around 19
seconds to enter. After 1000 test cases the execution has slowed to 43
seconds and by the end of the file it's several minutes. The java memory
use peaks at 750mb which is absolutely fine (the machine has 8gb RAM).
I'm unsure how to prevent the degredation in peformance. A few pieces of
key info:

• The tests themselves do not appear to be the cause as I tried running
some of the later tests (800-1000) at the beginning of the batch and
they averaged 19 seconds. It purely seems to be the length of time
Sikuli has been running.

• Ending the script (Shift-Alt-C) and immediately restarting it from the
point it had reached results in the script immediately speeding back up.
The increase in speed is quite noticeable.

• No memory problems are encountered no matter how long the script has
been running.

• The system is responsive after the script is stopped.

• CPU use is not excessive whilst running.

• The Sikuli script is 806 lines in length which doesn't seem to be
excessive.

Is anyone else having trouble?

Thanks,

Nathan

EDIT: Is it possible to restart Sikuli via Jython? Perhaps raise a SystemExit and have it run the script afresh?