Re: [Question #240746]: Font not reconized

Christopher Golda posted a new comment:
Hi Carlos,

I hope this doesn't sound too ridiculous, but if the image you are
trying to capture is on software capable of zooming in (such as text in
a browser), you might want to try that first and then use the OCR (for
the enlarged region).  You can use something like type("+",
KeyModifier.CTRL) in your script a couple of times and then zoom back
out.

Just a little while ago, I was desperately trying to get the text method
to pull this date / time stamp off of a dynamically generated chart with
absolutely no luck.  Once I zoomed in a couple times, it was a night and
day difference, recognizing the entire string flawlessly and reliably.
Ultimately, I ended up creating a 'zoomInOrOut' Sikuli function (along
with passed in zoom frequency) that I call before and after I need to
recognize a difficult string of text.  Obviously, this isn't a very
elegant solution, but it might be worth giving it a shot if nothing else
is working.

This coupled with really narrowing the region down to the text has
worked wonders for me.  I can now happily say that Sikuli does
everything that I needed and hoped for, though I will certainly be
awaiting the enhanced OCR in subsequent versions.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely

Chris